Monday, 25 September 2017

"Beautiful" metallic book {Paperartsy Blog}

   

Hello again, my friends. I'm over on the Paperartsy blog tonight, sharing a fabulous book with a metallic look. This combines many of my favourite things, such as bookbinding, monoprinting, doodling and, of course, Paperartsy and Emma Godfrey's stamps and stencils. 

  

Luckily for me, all my pink and purple shades of Fresco acrylics are all in the same box. That made things easier.


I unearthed my mini hexagonal Gelli plate, something I hadn't used before, despite buying it several months ago! Then, alternating the first four purple colours, Blueberry, Purple Rain, Lavender and Wisteria, I used the gel plate as a stamp. I wasn't bothered about the little bits that missed. I think that adds to the effect. Anyway, they eventually get covered with stencilling. I carried on filling the Smoothy Card with the same four colours. 


By placing Emma's gorgeous mask (PM008) over the already printed hexagon, I 'stamped' over it with the same hexagonal plate covered in the first four pink shades of Fresco paints, Plum, Sour Grapes, Sugar Plum and Pixie Dust.


Then, by removing the stencil from the plate, it leaves you with a negative print which you can then press onto the cardstock...


I carried on with positive and negative masking until the whole sheet was filled. Some of the hexagons looked wonderful. Others not so...


Nothing that a black and a white pen couldn't fix though...


Finally, the main part of the cover was done. What it needed now was some flowers! You can never have enough flowers. 



I stamped up a good selection of Emma's flowers using sets EEG14 and EEG22 and painted them using Pansy and Moonlight for the purple flowers and Sherbet and Orchid for the pink ones.
After fussy-cutting the gorgeous blooms and then curling them over a stylus tool, I decided that I wanted a magnetic closure. 


The best placing for the magnets was under a flower and inaside the front cover. 


I made a bookmark from one of the offcuts and its own little pocket inside which would hide the other magnet.


Out with the Treasure Gold in Royal Amethyst. I rubbed it over the edges of the book, the flowers, the bookmark and the pocket.


Everything was looking shiny-shiny and beautiful. Now I just had to put this fabulous book together. The hardest part was tearing the cartridge paper edges. It's a bit rough on your fingers. I laminated the bookmark, then made a tassel and bound the book with silver thread.



I stamped and heat-embossed the "Beautiful" in silver, then gave it a drop-shadow as it had got a bit lost in the madness behind. Then I added the gloriously shiny flowers and, after what seemed like an age, the book was finished. 


Ta-daaa! 

I hope I've inspired some more bookbinding projects with you. I'd love to see whatever beauties you make. Thanks for sticking with me. I promise the next post will be shorter! 

Probably.

Love and peace, 

Wendy x