Sunday 9 July 2017

Mixed Up Mag Issue 7 Jun/Jul 2017

Hello, my crafty friends. I'm so happy to tell you that I have a tutorial in the latest issue of Mixed Up Mag.

 

In case you've never heard of it (in which case, where have you BEEN?), Mixed Up Mag is a wonderful online publication that is guaranteed to spark your creative juices, inspire you to try something new and excite the senses so much that you ditch the laundry and pick up your paints.

Issue 7 is a book-making special with several different ways to make your own books. And who doesn't love books? My tutorial (P54, if you're interested) is on making a coptic-stitched book. I made a sketchbook and liked it so much that I kept it for myself. Because I can.

Front cover

Mixed Up Mag is interactive and has articles that enable you to swipe photos for more views and even has embedded video tutorials to accompany the step-by-step written articles. My sketchbook tutorial comes with such a video. It's 40 minutes long, so Editor, Katy Leitch, advises you to get yourself a cuppa and relax while you watch it. I took it slowly (no sense in rushing, right?) so it's a bit easier to follow than some others.

Back cover

I hope you get a chance to take a look and I'd love to see anything that I may have inspired you to make. It's easier than it looks, I promise. 

See how to download this fab online mag here.

Love and peace,

Wendy x






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10